[consulting] Examples of using Drupal in public service, for transparency and collaboration

Zohar Stolar - Linnovate z.stolar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 08:52:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I was asked by a mayor of a big city to build a proposal for a website
that will be used by the city's committees (education, transport,
health...).

The website should allow the committees to publish their protocols, and
receive feedback from the public, as well as compose new procedures, and
development plans, together with the public, in full transparency.

While you'd say: "why... that's a simple OG installation, or even
simpler!", I do need to show few examples of already working systems (no
one wants to be the first fro some reason :) ).

Could you point me to existing uses of Drupal in public service, where
the site is used not only for publishing official announcements, but
also for discussing with the public, and using it as a real democratic tool?

We're trying to push Drupal as a tool to increase democracy and
transparency in local authorities (medium to big cities), so anything
which would help the mayor to take the right decision (that is - Drupal)
is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

--
Zohar Stolar
Linnovate - Community Infrastructure Care
zohar at linnovate.net
http://www.linnovate.net
Tel. +972-77-5345-704
Cel. +972-52-8348-278