[consulting] What do you use for your email newsletters?

Sean Effel sean at crushyou.net
Thu Feb 7 14:12:49 UTC 2008

I'm with Scott Trudeau, I think using a service for email newsletters gives
us greater reliability and accountability.  Drupal has some good small scale
newsletter modules but staff time to install, configure and maintain the
system are more than the cost of a hosted newsletter service.

I use Constant Contact for our email "blasts" at my NPO.  We have a volume
of about 1000 addresses and send to them about once a week.  The cost is
very manageable, nice administration, user subscribe and remove interface.
We're very happy.

I use the SimpleNews for a subuscriber base of 150.  Its not so feature rich
but its the right tool for the scale.

- Sean Effel