[consulting] Salaries

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Tue Sep 16 19:08:41 UTC 2008

Sam,

You mentioned city, and that /is/ important -- $50k is high on the hog in
Podunk, Nebraska, but barely above poverty in San Francisco (I keed, I
keed.... well, kind of..)

But more than that, there's the freedom trade-off. You (generally) don't
keep your own schedule anymore, but you don't have to worry about all the
administrative stuff, you get to work with a team, you can usually get
bigger and more interesting projects, and so on and so on.

Some people value keeping their own schedule above all else. Some people
just love the challenge of freelancing. Some people prefer to worry about
the technical work and leave the sales and bookkeeping to others.

There are a lot of on-one-hand-on-the-other-hand questions to ask yourself
about a full-time gig, above and beyond the take-home pay.

Domenic Santangelo
WorkHabit
What's your habit?
866-WorkHabit