[consulting] Drupal Certification

Ayen Designs info at ayendesigns.com
Fri Aug 7 15:30:20 UTC 2009

I suppose there would be priceless marketing value to the brand, in
terms of visibility, perceived additional legitimacy, etc., but at the
end of the day, of what value wouldn't it still be buyer beware? I still
think the best certification is the (verified) resume. I can find a
brigade of 'military experts' who have done a lot of reading and played
Risk and a lot of video games, but I wouldn't want them fighting my war.
Someone with good, solid development experience can look up the answers
to a certification exam if they need to while on a project, but someone
who knows the api forwards and backwards but never developed anything
substantial, what are they going to do?