[consulting] Drupal Certification (was: General consultant's vent)

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:26:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Kristof Van Tomme <kristof at pronovix.com>wrote:

> In this comparison
> Drupal == Linux
> Acquia Drupal == Red Hat Linux
>
> In contrast with Drupal both Red Hat and MySQL are open source
> projects with a commercial entity at the core. So your comparison
> Vivek, doesn't hold.

 My comparison was not in terms of the commercial or non-commercial but in
terms of quality of the certificate. Whether they have commercial entity or
non-commercial entity at the core does not matter to me. The point I want to
raise is we need to have a body at the core to ensure the quality of xyz
certificate given by ACME corporation and DA can act as that body.
 Btw if you can point a non-commercial entity that is conducting
certification in drupal, that will be very helpful.

regards
Vivek