[consulting] Example of Collaborative Knowledgebase Sites?

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Thu Feb 12 19:16:21 UTC 2009

>i still think a wiki is the answer. no software will be able to take
>meandering conversations and fit them into useful categories, that's
>what people / secretaries do. 'some social networking'? why? because
>it's cool? because it's part of their plan? do they even understand why
>social networking is and isn't? anyway, wiki's!

~~~translator on..............
"From the general requirements you posted, it sounds like a wiki might
be the answer. Try spinning one up at wikidot.com for free and
shopping it to your partners on this project to see if it might meet
the requirements you're looking for. As far as social networking goes,
could you post up a little more information on that front? Drupal may
or may not be the best solution for you and I'd love to hear more
about your project to help you land on an appropriate solution that
fits your goals."
~~~translator off..............

My own $0.02 starts here:
Wiki functionality may be a great thing to look into. If you do in
fact need social networking components, you can create a pretty
functional wiki system inside of Drupal, marrying the
social-networking and knowledgebase aspects of your project together.
Always nice to have a single solution.

Hope this helps,
-D