[consulting] OpenSorce Developer(C++ Programmer on Linux platform)

Sheryl gubydala at his.com
Fri Feb 13 15:50:46 UTC 2009

Victor Kane wrote:

> However, I personally am against being in league with employers against
employees, and denouncing employees to their employers.

> I think we as technical workers need to be in solidarity with each
other,
> and defend our rights, but not by appealing for help to the bosses.

We don't know the exact situation, but there are a couple of things that
could be going on here that could make it important to contact the boss.

1)  Spamming may have been the boss's idea and applying a cluebar may
remove pressure on the employee to misbehave

2)  Employee's action reflects on the business, and if the business has an
anti-spam policy they deserve to know that a rogue employee is doing
something that "diminishes their brand".

And finally, IMO it takes a stretch to consider a spamming headhunter as a
tech worker deserving of solidarity.  Especially one who misspells python
as "phyton".  :-)

Sheryl