[consulting] List for Independent Drupal Consultants -- Estimation Process?...

Dave Terry dave.terry at mediacurrent.com
Mon Jan 12 15:25:21 UTC 2009

We use Quickbooks to track time and send out invoices.  We were using
dotProject to track tickets and general project management, but did not like
- there were mainly usability issues and we switched to ActiveCollab
(www.activecollab.com) and would give a strong endorsement.

Another question I wanted to throw out..how do you estimate projects?  Do
you have a "formula" you use - do you typically provide prospects with a
ballpark quote first to gauge their reaction or always provide a formal
proposal?   What kind of specs (if any) do you require from the customer
before you'll bid on a project?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Dave
Mediacurrent