[consulting] Translation of individual terms on-page

John Fletcher net at saltwebsites.com
Tue Jul 21 06:49:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Let's revive this list with a support request.

A client is putting some language lessons online and wanted the user to
be able to click on a term and see a dictionary translation (ideally
staying on-page). Well, dictionaries aren't free so I'm considering just
using the Glossary module with hovertips so that specific terms can be
manually defined and the user can hover over it to see a the definition
(same affect as on the scripture references in red here:
http://www.cai.org/).

Any other ideas? Is there a specific module for this? I suppose I could
create some Google-translate-backed type tool... but am really looking
for "the simplest thing that could possible work (reasonably well)".

Regards,
John