[consulting] best course of action question

Ben Steele ben at hyperdimensional.net
Wed Mar 4 14:57:59 UTC 2009

You might want to look at using Workflow - http://www.drupal.org/
combined with Triggers & Actions (which are in core).

Like Matt said, the RFQ & Quote could be linked together using the CCK
node reference field. The Quote could then have various statuses like
pending, approved, rejected, etc.

It could be very similar to the publishing workflow in the O'Reilly
'Using Drupal' book (obviously tweaked to meet your needs).

Benedict Steele
HomeMade Digital
Skype: hyperdimensional
Mobile: +44 7855 222278