[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

George g at 8vue.com
Wed Mar 4 19:49:51 UTC 2009

Brian Vuyk wrote:
> I think this mailing list has the potential to be one of the best tools
> for improving Drupal in the community. As a group, I imagine we put
> Drupal through a larger variety of real-world projects than any other
> group. I also believe that we have the best view of Drupal's
> shortcomings. This is what we can use to improve Drupal.  I believe open
> and honest discussion as to the suitability of Drupal to various project
> types will drive improvement.
isn't that more suited to the dev list or a 'drupal shortcomings' mail
list, and not a consultant list? and when you say 'this is what we can
use to improve drupal', then, maybe i'm missing something, but your
profile doesn't show any core patches or modules (user/46854?), of
course you're not obliged to post any, but, this is not a personal
attack, but to everyone - what exactly are *you* doing to improve drupal
with the help of this mailing list?

going into webchick mode, she would say it's great people are discussing
drupal's shortcomings, but if nothing is being done, then it's hot air,
and a waste of time. drupal is a do-ocracy to quote add1sun. but still,
this is a consultant list, not a help-drupal list.

to the non-programmers, even if an answer was given to your problem, any
programmer will tell you there's more than one solution to a problem,
so, the solution for person x, may not be right for you. discussing
problems with how to do something is a support issue, and just *is not*
a consultants issue. (working on the assumption consultants actually
know their sh*zzle, which may i assume that mostly, they do...)

more of my 2c