[consulting] Need 4D_Drupal Help

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Thu Mar 5 18:20:43 UTC 2009

Hi Brian,

On Mar 5, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Brian Knoblock wrote:

> I have a project that requires asking a 4D database a question or two
> from within Drupal, if anyone has any 4D experience and some billable
> time available feel free to get in touch.
> This would probably be via ODBC I am assuming.

ODBC is one option, but ODBC services have a number of limitations in
4D prior to version 11 (especially on the Mac). 4D also has SOAP and
HTTP interfaces.

If feasible, I prefer to have 4D read and/or write to Drupal's
database. This way you have a lot more connectivity options and they
are less expensive from a 4D licensing perspective.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.