[consulting] New project drupal workflow

George g at 8vue.com
Sat Mar 7 00:18:03 UTC 2009

so it's a terrible idea troy? well, it's kinda impossible to run
multiple sites from one installation, when it's for different clients on
different hosts (but you realise that is essentially what i'm doing by
checking out the dirs). and please explain, why it'd be already out of
date? it's easy to upgrade drupal + modules in repos as no db has been
built yet - heck i could set up a script to auto-update the repos daily!
yet you go on to explain you do the same by cloning a site

installation profiles are VERY difficult to code quickly and also poorly
documented (that's why they're covered in the back of drupal books in a
short chapter!). some drupal functions are available, some aren't and
you need to include the relevant files as necessary. though there's the
installation profile api which i haven't got around to testing yet, but
apparently offers a lot of helper functions. but as for enabling
modules, from what i remeber, just specifying the modules in the profile
will ensure they're enabled. simply copy the default profile to a new
dir, modify and test.

i just hunted through the installation profiles and haven't found a base
profile to work with, but take a look, there may be something there for
your needs already.

or, maybe someone here has a base profile they'd like to share?