[consulting] New Premium Drupal Theme - ZincOut

Jeff jeff at marmaladesoul.com
Mon Mar 9 23:24:09 UTC 2009

Did either of you actually turn Javascript off and reload the site?
I'd have thought it fairly common knowledge that Superfish menus
degrade without JS, relying on the semantic and validating <ul>
foundations of the underlying menu markup to do the work when only CSS
is available.

George, if you can put together a site like the demo in 10 minutes or
so, please get in touch with me asap, we can make you rich :)

I'm not saying this demo site or the theme are earth shattering and I
have no connection with fordrupal themes whatsoever (never heard of
them or their founders before), nor do I have the need to ever buy a
theme, but honestly George, it feels like you have other reasons for
being harsh on this.

Anyway, of more interest to me is Brian's xhtml comment — is this a
server config issue? How do you know it's not sending it as
application/xhtml+xml? I thought the browser looked at the doctype in
the markup?

"Future validation headaches" — are you refering to html 5? Isn't it
realistic to think that xhtml is going to be supported until half the
people on this list have retired, given the ongoing infestation of
Internet Explorer and its associated lack of speed of improvement? In
other words, isn't the web moving so slowly (because of IE and the
w3c) that xhtml is going to be around for many years yet? Drupal.org
and Garland are both xhtml.

Jeff