[consulting] XHTML doctype

Jeff jeff at marmaladesoul.com
Tue Mar 10 03:26:18 UTC 2009

Thanks Brian, a most interesting topic.

Firstly, a silly question — would you mind telling me how to use
Firebug to examine the response? I looked everywhere and didn't find
the "application/html" you mentioned.

Second, since sites such as drupal.org are written in XHTML,
presumably they too are not being served with an xhtml mimetype or IE
would die on them, as indeed would any browser if a node had invalid
markup (quite possible, since d.o allows user-submitted HTML markup to
a degree sufficient to break XHTML structure).

Jeff