[consulting] preparing clients for Drupal 5 obsolesence

Matt Chapman Matt at NinjitsuWeb.com
Tue Mar 10 22:05:19 UTC 2009

Fred Jones wrote:
> Not to mention that some vital Drupal 6 modules (filefield for CCK for
> example) are still in Alpha. Hard to even suggest an upgrade from a
> stable Drupal 5 site that works perfectly to an alpha level D6 site.

If it's good enough for Dries, it's good enough for me:

http://acquia.com/release-notes/1.2.2-Drupal-6.9-core

BTW, my cue for when to advise D7 upgrades will probably coincide with
when someone/Acquia provides an upgrade path from D6/CCK to D7/FiC. I
have a feeling that won't be built in to D7, but if anyone knows
otherwise, I'd love to hear it.

-Matt