[consulting] How is the market for Drupal talent?

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Fri Mar 13 23:43:07 UTC 2009

I am a very small shop that does about as small a site as you would ever
want to do on Drupal. We also do some bigger sites but still on the small
end. I have 2 people who sub-contract for me and we are doing a lot of work.
A lot of it is for nonprofits but some for profit work as well. In Colorado
I am seeing people who feel like we are getting to the end of this and it is
time to be situated for success in the web world when this economic funk is
over. I am not the only web developer I know who is in this boat.

Another trend that I am seeing is that people who have spent too much with
bigger web teams that are moving to us to help them make some changes or
train them how to do more with their site. Our primary business is computer
training.

All that said I would work on building your brand and getting some contracts
before moving full steam ahead. Look at your specific market and see what
you think the need is.

Hope this helps.

-Steve

Steve Kessler