[consulting] Structuring Security and Module Update Services

Susan Stewart hedgemage at binaryredneck.net
Fri Mar 27 17:26:40 UTC 2009

We offer clients the opportunity to sign up for a hosting, maintenance,
and support plan that includes a few minutes of support per month, plus
application of all security updates within 48 hours of release and a run
of non-security updates weekly.  (The price varies depending on the
complexity of the site and the resource usage allowed.)

Clients who don't host with me can get updates and support on an hourly
basis.

The difference here is that on our system, we have automation tools to
speed the administration of updates, and we never have to deal with
client's forgetting to tell us passwords have changed, or changing
anything between updates that we don't know about.

-- Susan