[consulting] Staying Current

Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg Alex at ZivTech.com
Sun Mar 29 14:23:49 UTC 2009

>  I'm talking about big sites with lots of customization, where clients
might
> spend well over 100k on customization.  I'm just questioning whether those
> who build those sites are building in -- or being upfront -- about the
cost
> of upgrading to D6 and then D7.

And I wonder whether that car salesman really knew he was selling a lemon.

It strikes me that we've moved away from "Should Drupal be supported for
more than two releases?" to "Are there salespeople that mislead clients
about the full cost of acquiring some piece of technology?". And since the
answer to the second question is so obvious, what are we even talking about?

Of course there are shops that sell crap as gold, and if a client doesn't
know this an still throws down $100k on a site from a huckster (I'm assuming
only a huckster could sell $100k worth of anything without a rock solid
reputation)? Well, I have a bridge in Brooklyn (or maybe a CDO/CDS or some
other exotic "security") that they'd be stupid not to buy a piece of.

--
Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg
ZivTech, LLC
alex at zivtech.com