[consulting] Staying Current

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 22:20:25 UTC 2009

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> "Drupal is moving too fast".

no

> "Drupal should have backward compatibility".

yes - at some point

> "Drupal should support older versions".

yes - ASAP

..

OK - so that's where I stand

> We just this had this debate on the development list a couple of weeks back.
>
> It is something that used to come up every six months, and now it seems
> to be more frequent.

as Drupal gets bigger the arguments for this will increase

> Before we delve into this again, please take the time to review the
> development list archives and read the arguments and counterarguments

do you mean this?
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/2009-March/032240.html

Doesn't seem like the same thing to me - so maybe you mean something else?

> there. Otherwise, we will keep rehashing them forever.

I'll move on one way the other

But this is what worries me about Drupal. It seems a bit stuck.

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk