[consulting] Router status issue update 10/28 :D

Holly Ferree hferree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:18:06 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions and to update... My port
forwarding is working! So happy. So yeah Drupal, yeah Drupalites, and yeah
consulting!

Thank you all so much!

Holly Ferree

-----------------------------------
Here is the solution for the Verizon Router (This solution might work for
others too. I have the average user setup (not using any type of business
plan, etc.):

1) Port Forwarding tab --> create new entry, enter the settings below

ROUTER IP ADDRESS OF YOUR COMPUTER
Net address: Any
Public IP Address: Any
Protocols: HTTP - TCP Any -> 80

2) Firewall: typical

3) Advanced --> Personal Domain Name (Dynamic DNS), enter settings below

Enable: check yes
Host Name:  the forwarding URL you set up at dyndns
Connection:    Broadband Connection (Ethernet)
Provider:   website that you¹ve set up for port forwarding (dyndns.org,
no-ip.com, tzo.com, or easydns.com)
Full Domain Name:    YourWebDomainName.ProviderListedInAboveStep
User Name: Your Username when you login to your provider
Password:   Password when you login to your provider
    Wildcard: Check Yes
Mail Exchanger:    (blank, I don¹t use)
    Backup MX: left unchecked
    offline: left unchecked
SSL Mode:    None

I believe that is all that mattered that was changed...so many tries. (let
me know if you have questions on any of the other settings I missed to state
above)

Best of luck :D