[consulting] Professionalism

Steven Scotten steves at splicer.com
Tue Nov 24 23:04:10 UTC 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Domenic Santangelo wrote:

> "This should be simple" -- the most dangerous phrase in the english language (for us, at least).

Yeah, I recently burned through almost 150 hours on a portion of a project I'd flat-rate estimated at 30, and I did that with a contract that defined the project parameters pretty well. But it started out as a "simple" task—the client had forms from an older version of the site, all in PHP. Could I build these two forms to fit with the new Drupal site? Sure. At first glance it looked like it might take as much as five hours. How much time could a couple of forms take?

Steve