[consulting] Restrict Group Access to one User Login Account

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Thu Oct 8 16:22:22 UTC 2009

Shai asked "Are there other things you wouldn't do if your client asked
you?"

I have often found that Drupal consultants tell clients something is a bad
idea when they don't know how to do it, so I think clients are often wise to
be skeptical of what their consultants tell them.

That said, there are lots of really bad ideas I have been asked to
implement, but I think you need to face it with humility, as sometimes a bad
idea isn't that bad.

Then again, often it is bad.  An example is how many clients want all kinds
of social media or forums that I know are not going to work -- mainly
because they don't have the resources or time to make work.

But I don't think its our place to refuse to put up, say, a forum if a
client insists on it.

Or even if something proposes a security risk -- like they refuse to pay for
upgrades.  As long as we tell them what the risks are, it is their site.

Sam