[consulting] Challenging an Assumption About What an Easy tpl.php Looks Like

Matt Chapman Matt at NinjitsuWeb.com
Mon Oct 12 03:28:59 UTC 2009

Is there a difference between the two as to whether the file can be
loaded and safely edited in Dreamweaver in WYSIWYG mode? (I don't use
DW, but I know many (/most?) designers do.)

Also, I showed these to my wife, who can read & edit basic HTML, but not
PHP. I asked her if she'd be comfortable with moving the taxonomy terms
to display after the node contents. First seeing the PHP version, she
did not think she could safely do it. Then seeing the original, she
immediately point to the correct block of three lines, and said she'd
copy and past them to line 71. Perfect.

An unscientific test for sure, but I'd definitely side with the
traditional form.

Best,
Matt