[consulting] Challenging an Assumption About What an Easy tpl.php Looks Like

Sam Tresler sam at treslerdesigns.com
Mon Oct 12 15:44:31 UTC 2009

On a somewhat disconnected note, on highly customized themes, as a
project manager or lead developer, you can plug a plain html file into
the theme, and it 'works' if not dynamically.   Then you can assign a
dev to go back and 'plug in' the php.  With the php-only approach you
need to convert a plain html file into the new style.

I don't know how everyone else works, but whereever possible I get an
html mockup from the designers, and it just doesn't make sense to add
the extra step.  I suppose this approach is fine for a developer
translating photoshop mockups, but I don't think it would be feasible
after you scaled to having designs provided as html/css.

Thanks.

-Sam