[consulting] Microsoft Dynamics vs Drupal

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Tue Oct 13 13:49:39 UTC 2009

Jeff,

I don't know about Dynamics, but ...

I set up a custom CRM in a Drupal environment, mostly using Views and CCK,
but wouldn't do it again.  I now work with CiviCRM/Drupal as the CRM
solution.

One of the weakest part, IMO, of using Drupal alone as a CRM is the lack of
good mass email ability -- for large lists .  In my Drupal CRM solutions I
did a lot of custom work integrating phplist, but it was not nearly as good
as CiviMail's ability to do target mass mailings based on all kinds of
criteria.

Another reason I wouldn't do CRM with Drupal alone --again -- is that Views
is just too hard, for most users,  as a means to build custom queries and
reports,  so they either need a real techie on staff or a lot of money to
pay for support. (not that salesforce or civicrm are really simple for
custom queries, but easier than Drupal is )

Thanks
Sam

Sam