[consulting] Absolute Paths in Content for Better Rss Compatibiliy

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Wed Sep 23 13:29:55 UTC 2009

Shai,

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I always assumed RSS readers automatically
converted relative paths to absolute ones.

This issue comes up a lot for me with sites that export content to an email
program, so it's similar.  To make sure that no relative paths go out via
email --in images or links -- I run the content through a simple str_replace
in the template.php file, basically looking for href="/ and src=/ and
replacing it with the full path.

Sam