[consulting] replies

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Sep 30 23:13:20 UTC 2009

> Fundamentally, is this a leads list or a discussion list.  If it's a
> leads list it should go to sender.  If it's a discussion list it
> should go to list. I think it's a discussion list.

I agree 100%. I *hate* when lists set the Reply-To to the sender. That
is almost NEVER what I want to do when I'm responding to a message that
comes through a mailing *list*. While the cynic in me says that you can
have a "list of one" (i.e., a Reply-To only the sender), I expect
mailing lists to be discussion-oriented, which means everyone should
have a chance to intercede.

--
Morbus Iff ( insert pithy quote here )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/