[consulting] Database migration script or copy/paste?

Ben West westbywest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 03:16:30 UTC 2010

There is a node import/export module, but it doesn't do well with complex
CCK fields.  That said, importing rows directly via SQL can also be tricky
for nodes with complex fields, since you would be importing more than just
entries in node and node_revision.

There are solutions for importing legacy (HTML) content into nodes.  Perhaps
one of these may be useful:
http://drupal.org/project/import_html

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:11 AM, Holly Ferree <hferree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What is the most efficient way of transferring a site's content of 10 pages
> or more into drupal? (basically past the realm that you would want to copy
> and paste all the content to where another option would be easier to add a
> good amount of content would be the way to go)
>
> I have done the copy/paste of hundreds of lines of content from Word and
> done the whole create content > page, paste and format content, save page,
> repeat process till I thought I would die of boredom...
>
> Please tell me there is a better way! (these sites have been from scratch
> or
> have not used a database previously. )
>
> Thanks,
>
> Holly Ferree, Graphic Designer, BFA
> hferree at gmail.com
> http://www.designbyholly.com/
>

> PS I would also prefer to do it myself and not hire someone who doesn't
> mind
> repetitive work... :)

Ben West
westbywest at gmail.com