[consulting] Purpose is hiring for all levels Drupal developers

Sam Tresler sam at treslerdesigns.com
Tue Apr 20 16:52:27 UTC 2010

These I believe have been posted on GDO, as well, but as people seem to
be announcing here some I thought I would throw these out there.

--Sam Tresler

http://www.purpose.com/content/jobs/drupal-expert/
http://www.purpose.com/content/jobs/creative-technologist/
http://www.purpose.com/content/jobs/freelance-themers-drupal-developers/

--Drupal Expert/Creative Technologist--

The Drupal Expert/Creative Technologist at Purpose will be responsible
for website and software development for anywhere from 1-3 projects and
will also play an over-arching role of management of the technology
department (junior developers) and interacting with the movement
strategy and user experience teams. We are specifically interested in
someone who is comfortable with the entire cycle of web development,
from configuring servers, writing SQL, and developing Drupal modules to
coding CSS/HTML and debugging cross-browser issues — you might be called
a jack-of-all-trades with a specific penchant for Drupal/PHP.

Core Responsibilities:

     * Direct and manage development for custom functionality and design
on given campaigning tools and platforms (Drupal).
     * Assist in defining project scope, goals and deliverables.
     * Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff.
     * Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential
crises, and devise contingency plans.
     * Create development best practices and tools for project execution.

Requirements:

     * Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Technology/Computer
Science/Website Development or related field.
     * Minimum 3 years work as a developer, Project Lead, or CTO.
     * Expert knowledge of PHP, MySQL, CSS, and the LAMP stack (If you
love Ruby on Rails, that helps too).
     * Extensive experience with Drupal development (You should already
have some module development under your belt).
     * Curious (but cautious) about emerging technologies and not set in
command-line ways.
     * Work well with others and thrive in a small office setting that
is fast moving and nimble, but not heavy on structure or hierarchy.
     * Patience (see above).

Preferred:

     * Javascript, specifically jQuery (and an expert at Firebug or similar)
     * Systems Administration, Debian/Redhat/*nix.
     * Entrepreneurial or Startup experience.
     * Agency experience.
     * A love for Apple/Mac.
     * Demonstrated interest in progressive politics or causes or just a
passion for social change.
     * Experience using popular social media tools (and creating
innovative new ways to interact with them)

Other Responsibilities:

     * Work with the CEO and other members of the senior management team
to refine Purpose’s technology offering and its role within the business.
     * Develop and manage technical project budgets as needed
     * Set and continually manage project expectations with team members
and other stakeholders.
     * Recruit and cultivate talented developers on our full-time and
contract staff

If you’re interested in finding out more, please send your CV and brief
cover note with Drupal Expert in the subject line, as well as three
URL’s of sites you have worked on, with a description of your specific
role in developing the site to jobs at purpose.com.

Pay will be competitive and based on experience. We have a strong
preference for candidates based in New York City or willing to relocate,
but if you think you might be a strong fit, we’d like to hear from you
anyway.

====================

--Creative Technologist--

The Creative Technologist at Purpose will be responsible for website and
software development for anywhere from 1-3 projects and interacting with
the movement strategy and user experience teams.

Demonstrated interest in building a technology team in an operating
environment such as a start-up or an agency is a key asset for this
role. Purpose is a young and rapidly growing company and we’re looking
for someone who is excited about developing a technology team, refining
our technology offering and integrating it with the rest of the business.

Core responsibilities:

     * Active development as needed on any given project.
     * Create development best practices and tools for project execution.
     * Set and continually manage project expectations with team members
and other stakeholders.
     * Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff.
     * Recruit and cultivate talented developers on our full-time and
contract staff
     * Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential
crises, and devise contingency plans.

Requirements:

     * Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Technology/Computer
Science/website development or related field.
     * Minimum 3 years work as a developer, Project Lead, or CTO.
     * Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, CSS, and the LAMP stack (If you
love Ruby on Rails, that helps too).
     * Experience/familiarity with the Drupal Content Management System.
     * Work well with others and thrive in a small office setting that
is fast moving and nimble, but not heavy on structure or hierarchy.
     * Patience (see above).

Preferred

     * Javascript, specifically jQuery (and an expert at Firebug or similar)
     * Systems Administration, Debian/Redhat/nix.
     * Entrepreneurial or Startup experience.
     * Agency experience.
     * A love for Apple/Mac.
     * Demonstrated interest in progressive politics or causes or just a
passion for social change.
     * Experience using and innovative thinking about using popular
social media tools

If you’re interested in finding out more, please send your CV and brief
cover note with Creative Technologist in the subject line, as well as
three URL’s of sites you have worked on, with a description of your
specific role in developing the site to jobs at purpose.com.

Pay will be competitive and based on experience. We have a strong
preference for candidates based in New York City or willing to relocate,
but if you think you might be a strong fit, we’d like to hear from you
anyway.

====================

--Freelance Themers & Drupal Developers--

Purpose is seeking freelancers with CSS or Drupal experience to assist
with project execution over the next several months.
Requirements:

     * Minimum 2 years work as a themer or Drupal developer
     * Ability to work on deadline and a good team player
     * Love of MACS
     * For themers - extra points if you know everything about
"selectors", you live for Firebug, pride yourself on knowing every CSS
quirk, and there isn't a browser you can't cross (well, except for IE 6)

If you’re interested in finding out more, please send your CV with
"Freelancer" in the subject line to jobs at purpose.com. Please also list
three URL’s of sites you have worked on with a description of your
specific role in developing the site, and also indicate how many hours
you have available and your hourly rate. Recommendations from past
clients are a definite plus.
We have a strong preference for candidates based in New York City who
will be able to come into the office on occasion, but are flexible for
telecommuters based outside of NYC as well. Full-time roles are also
available -- see http://p36.purpose.com/#/Jobs/Hiring for more details.