[consulting] HTML Character Sanitization Solution

Travis Carden travis.carden at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 16:23:21 UTC 2010

Hello, all. I've been scouring the web for a solution to a longstanding
problem of mine, and I wonder if anyone here knows of a solution. Since long
before I came to Drupal I've dealt with the problem of clients copying and
pasting text into their sites from other web pages or office products and
introducing high ASCII characters like curly quotes, ellipses, em dashes,
etc. I'm not concerned with invalid HTML. There are plenty of great
solutions for that. HTML Purifier might do some character cleaning, but my
current client needs to put iframes in body content, and HTML Purifier
strips those out. Does anybody know of anything to help out here? Even if
there's a library or project outside of Drupal that I could write a module
for—perhaps create an input filter for it or something—I'd be all over it.
Thanks all.