[consulting] Copyright

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 24 22:53:30 UTC 2010

Well, Alex, as a developer, I love that wording. However, if I were the customer I would never sign such a contract. While I would probably allow you to contribute back to Drupal, that would be my decision, not yours to make.

Your analogy just doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't even dream of claiming the tools I used for my own. But I can guarantee you that the author of that book will enforce his/her copyright to the contents.

While working for someone else, I have now developed at least three modules that the general public might want. I have received permission from the companies that I wrote them for to submit them to DO. One is already live, and I have two more that need to be cleaned up before I can submit them. On the two most recent, the company doesn't even want attribution, although I think they deserve it.

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP