[consulting] A chuckle

Ryan rbf at castyour.net
Fri Aug 6 22:31:34 UTC 2010

I'm actually totally sure you're lots of fun at parties, and otherwise. However, I would suggest that if we would try your union idea, we would have little to restrict to gain long term leverage when talking about open source software of zero marginal cost.  The factories we would "sit in"  during a strike would have to be every pc on earth, and the alternative means of production are available on wordpress.com for free.

Instead, focusing on driving down the cost of international communication between workers by making more drupal websites and teaching the masses to the same would be a nicer strategy for laying the groundwork for international organizing around really resource restricted goods like food, water, housing and healthcare.  In the long path towards this goal there will be many technologies to master and make a living developing along the way.

In Solidarity,

Ryan