[consulting] A chuckle

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Aug 8 04:12:09 UTC 2010

Yup, the lack of proper debate was the most amazing thing. Entrenched
interests managed to stir up a lot of 'rabble' (for the lack of better word)
into thinking that the government is out to get them and control them more.
The Tea Party is a farce too.

Let me make that post relevant to USA Drupallers so we don't stray off topic
too much: when you see a consultant hesitant to go independent or contractor
because of their fear of lack of healthcare, you know something is seriously
wrong. Being in Canada, this was the easy part of the decision years ago for
me. When a daughter needed hospitalization, the question was never : "can we
afford it", or "will we go bankrupt", or "would insurance pay". It was only
questions about her health, which is the way it should be ... We are covered
not matter what our employed status is, and there is no fear of terrible
health consequences if one is laid off. Employers should not be the modern
slave masters, and workers should not fear leaving because they will not be
covered, and corporations should not be the new nobility.

As for Obama, he did win (or not win) the same way Bush won (or not). The
margin was too slim in both cases. Look at the popular vote and you see that
Bush was only a few percentage more, and Obama a tad more. It is not like a
land slide, there is still a deep divide across the middle and things can
keep swinging that way or the other for a long time.

We will see how the mid terms go ...

Sorry for the digression ...

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Marty Landman
<mlandman at face2interface.com>wrote:

> FWIW you don't have to apologize to me Khalid. I was talking with a client
> last year - also Canadian - who expressed similar incredulity about the
> health care debate here. Which imho was no debate at all.  I think you
> shouldn't mistake the lack of press coverage for lack of opinions here
> though. That's why Obama won imo, if that makes sense.
>
> Just my $0.02
> Marty
>
> At 07:41 PM 8/6/2010, you wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Sami Khan <<mailto:sami at etopian.net>
>> sami at etopian.net> wrote:
>> Has the American worker been so conditioned as to express outrage
>> at any ideological views which are not compatible with those of the elites
>> in his country, the more I think about it; the more it seems to be the
>> case.
>>

>> You've hit the nail on the head here Sami.
>>
>> For us north of the border watching the health care debate, we can't help
>> but shake our heads, and the lack of any real debate ...
>>
>> Unions = communism is just another one of those ideologically charged
>> debates ...
>>
>> Apologies in advance to those who think differently ...
>> --
>> Khalid M. Baheyeldin
>> <http://2bits.com>2bits.com, Inc.
>> <http://2bits.com>http://2bits.com
>>
>> Drupal optimization, development, customization and consulting.
>> Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. --  Edsger W.Dijkstra
>> Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --   Leonardo da Vinci

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com