[consulting] Unionizing Drupal

Don donald at fane.com
Sun Aug 8 04:49:10 UTC 2010

Though I'd suggest a professional organization is more applicable
(professional being a legal term) I think the conversation is over
simplifying what unions do.
Not only do they participate in collective bargaining and employee
defense, but you have professional standards, apprentice programs
(meaning trainers, trainees, mentors and ongoing education), job
placement, group insurance policies (health for the US, but life and
disability as well), pensions, government lobbying, and a host of other
duties.

In the teamsters, if you hired a Union Electrician and employer always
knew they'd get someone that worked to the highest standards. Is that
something the Drupal group could guarantee?