[consulting] Seeking both advice and development help

John Lowe jb at johnblowe.com
Sun Aug 8 19:55:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm working with a non-profit to develop a website for their project.

We are thinking Drupal is the way to go.

We have an initial design, including some writeframes and a sitemap, and we believe that getting a start on what will ultimately be quite an involved project (perhaps 200,000 documents developed over several years) is the right thing to do.

Some of the features are quite simple and out of the box, and some are going to be pretty custom.

Our needs are:

1. We'd like some help figuring out how much it would cost to bring up an initial version of such a site, and to help us understand how it might evolve (scale).

2. We'd like to find someone willing to undertake that initial effort, and perhaps stay with the project as it progresses.

We will, of course, pay the going rate (is that $30 an hour or $300 a hour? ;-)

I can provide details to anyone interested, and indeed if people express interest on this list, I would post some of them here.

I hope this is the right place to post such a request: I seem to note that most of the recent traffic is about economics and politics. ;-)

Regards,

John B. Lowe, PhD