[consulting] Seeking both advice and development help

Eric Goldhagen eric at openflows.com
Mon Aug 9 00:09:41 UTC 2010

At 8:01 PM -0400 8/8/10, Marty Landman wrote:
>I'm wondering what type of documents are to be 'developed over
>several years'. I'm assuming they are not going to be either typed
>in, nor all of the same type - or you would've just said what kind they are?
>
>Marty

Depending on the answer to Marty's question, drupal might or might
not be the right tool for you. While drupal is a great content
management system, and the upcoming changes in drupal 7 greatly
improves its handling of files, it might not be the right tool if you
are really looking for a document management system. There are a
number of mature Open Source/Free Software Document Management
Systems that you might also want to look at depending on the actual
requirements of your project. (some of the document management
systems can be integrated with drupal, so it's not a simple either/or
issue as well).

--Eric