[consulting] Recommendations for git & Eclipse?

Justin Ellison justin at techadvise.com
Mon Aug 9 14:06:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering what everyone out there is using for git integration with
Eclipse?  I've worked with git on the command line a fair amount, but
there's something to be said about tight integration with the IDE.  I did
come across this StackOverflow post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/302089/git-plugin-for-eclipse

However, if there is no merge support and no synchronize view, then that
kinda defeats the entire purpose of Eclipse integration for me and I'll just
use the CLI.

Changing IDE's isn't an option for me, as I do a lot of Perl and Java coding
as well, and Eclipse is the only IDE I've found that does all three
languages well.

Anyone out there have any experience with Eclipse and Git they'd like to
share?

Justin