[consulting] Drupal web design as hobby - shall I start consulting?

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Sun Aug 15 21:45:55 UTC 2010

While I think you can be a Drupal consultant without knowing PHP, if you
don't know it, you should definitely have a working relationship with
someone who does know php and someone who understands how to write a custom
module, use Drupal hooks, theme overrides and you should be able to bring
that person in as needed. ( It's probably also a really good idea to have a
working relationship with a jquery/javascript person too. )

Without such a person, you're going to have to tell clients "Drupal can't do
that" or if you're honest "I don't have the skills to make Drupal do that."

If you have a relationship with a developer/coder, you can at least tell
your clients  "I'll get you an estimate on that" and then sub-out parts of
the job to the developer.

Sam

http://samcohen.com