[consulting] Drupal web design as hobby - shall I start consulting?

Alexei Malinovski alexei at malinovski.org
Wed Aug 18 13:24:15 UTC 2010

2010/8/18 António P. P. Almeida <appa at perusio.net>

> On 18 Ago 2010 12h36 WEST, alexei at malinovski.org wrote:
>
> > So we have here:
> > - I expect Customers to require hosting to be included since they
> >   are non
> > technical people.
> > - I do not want to mess with hosting being responsible for uptime etc.
> since
> > it is not profitable for me.
>
> Is it really not profitable for you? It depends on how you want to
> position yourself. Do you want to provide a dependable service that
> basically allows the client to phone you when something is wrong? Or
> do you want to just provide a one off type of service where the
> relationship with the client mostly ends after the site is done.

Antonio,

I agree with all your points. However, taking responsibility of hosting
means you need to have a very strong contract that covers yourself in case
of problems. I guess at the beginning it is better to start Consulting not
being responsible for hosting and later on to grow to the level when you are
ready to take over such responsibilities.