[consulting] Host a video contest in Drupal

drupal.org at huntdesign.co.nz drupal.org at huntdesign.co.nz
Sun Aug 22 03:14:26 UTC 2010

> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:26:41 -0700
> From: Patrick Goddard <thund3rbox at gmail.com>

> Incredibly valuable thread!  Great input, everyone.
>
> I'd like to dovetail and see if anyone has any examples of a photo
> contest done in Drupal. Though, I supposed some of the previous
> examples/suggestions could be done with photos as well as video.

Just catching up on mail, so missed this.

FYI, I've run a photo competition for the NZ Alpine Club for the last
couple of years. Some aspects may not be generally applicable - it's aimed
primarily at NZAC members not the general public.

http://alpineclub.org.nz/photocomp/2010

It's currently on Drupal 5, in the process of being upgraded to D6.

It uses Image module with additional CCK fields for Creator, and three
taxonomies: competition year, competition theme (Alpine Nature, Alpine
Activity) and award. Output is via Views, with some customisation to allow
filtering via arguments (i.e. show images in a specific competition by
award or theme). Nice slideshow via Piclens/CoolIris.

Drop me a line if you want more info.

Regards
Jonathan

--