[consulting] Deployment of translations from QA to Production?

Yuval Hager yhager at yhager.com
Thu Jul 22 21:47:44 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 17:51:56 Kevin Davison wrote:

> The plan is to translate nodes on a staging/qa server, and then
> deploy/migrate these translations to the production server. But what's
> best? Who has done this already, and learned from a few mistakes I
could
> learn from?

Translation nodes are just new nodes, so you need just to transfer those
new nodes (and make sure the relationship between the source and
translated nodes is kept - I am not sure how the deploy module works in
that sense).

If you are outsourcing your translation, you might consider using a
service like icanlocalize.com - in addition to providing the translation, they
will push it into your site automatically. I assume they might have some
method to push into QA servers first - but for more info you will have to
contact them directly.

--y

<kevin at quevin.com> wrote:
> >> How would you suggest a good process to test translations on in a
QA