[consulting] Mapping locations for Drupal

Heinz D. Wegener heinz at simplexcreative.com
Sat Jul 31 16:00:29 UTC 2010

Holly,
I've found the Gmap module to be lacking in the past. The best way to really control a Google map and get exactly what you want is to use javascript and the Google Maps API. It's relatively straightforward, and can give you exactly what you want (because you are in control, rather than being tied down to the functionality of a module). As an example, you could use Views and the Location module to output info that includes the location data, and tie in the resulting data with your custom Google maps javascript in the view's tpl file(s).

Thanks,
Heinz Wegener
Senior Web Developer
Simplex Creative Group