[consulting] Getting Freelance Work

Sam Plett sam.plett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:53:26 UTC 2010

First off, I highly recommend insurance.  I worked 3 years in the insurance
industry as a risk consultant and many people think that insurance is a
waste of money but once you need it, boy it's nice to have and then it was
worth every penny.

I am not a lawyer but this is how I understand things work in Canada.  Here
in Canada you can only get sued for direct losses.  So if a company can
prove they would make $1000 a day on their e-commerce site and you deliver
it 2 days late the most they can sue for is $2000 plus any other costs
directly related to the site, such as hosting, customer service people's
salaries, etc.  In Canada you cannot sue for emotional damages.

So rules are different depending on what area of the world you operate in.
Sam Plett