[consulting] How widespread is the use of RSS for comments?

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 14:16:46 UTC 2010

On a site we launched in February where people can subscribe to a
node's comments using the Notifications or can get an RSS of comments
using a custom built view:

* There are 168 people subscribed to any node via notifications.
* In a 1.5 hour period the apache access log shows a few dozen
subscribers to the node's comments via RSS feed (I don't have easy
access to the access log beyond that 1.5 hour window)

The "Subscribe via e-mail" is present in a sidebar block near the top
of the page while the RSS is visible in the URL bar or at the very
bottom of the page.

So, I think both are successful and perhaps successful proportionally
to how visible they are on the page. It's quite easy to add in the RSS
feed of comments, so it seems worthwhile to add.

Cheers,
Greg

Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Mastering Drupal | http://www.masteringdrupal.com