[consulting] Dispute Resolution Language

Dave Hall me at davehall.com.au
Thu Jun 17 23:40:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 18:09 -0400, Shai Gluskin wrote:
> Dear folks,
>

> Anybody have some sample dispute resolution language for agreements
> that you'd be willing to share? I usually don't include it, but a new
> client is asking for it.

I have this in my standard contract:

"Any dispute arising in connection with this agreement which cannot be
settled by negotiation between the parties or their representatives
shall be submitted to Arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the
Conduct of Commercial Arbitrations for the time being of the Institute
of Arbitrators, Australia. During such arbitration both parties may be
represented by a duly qualified legal practitioner."

Never had to use it.

Cheers

Dave