[consulting] Graphic Designer Position at Trellon

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Tue Jun 22 18:17:38 UTC 2010

Trellon is a strategy and development firm that builds open source
solutions for non-profit, NGO, political and academic clients. One of
the original Drupal firms, we are seeking qualified Graphic Designers
to join our team to provide visual communication materials and web
site interface design services for our clients. See the full job
description here: http://www.trellon.com/explore/job-openings/graphic-designer

Job Description

Graphic Designers generate and oversee the production of web site
interfaces as part of our development process. They provide creative
input on the development of features and ensure Trellon projects
maintain a high degree of visual appeal. Here's what we expect from
someone in this role:

• Work with clients to identify the appropriate visual direction for a
project and assist them with selecting from various options.
• Construct original web site interfaces at the direction of technical
leads and project managers.
• Implement designs for collateral related to a web site. This can
include newsletter layouts, email signatures, templates for
presentations, and other forms of visual communications.
• Review existing web site interfaces and provide feedback on
opportunities for improvement from a functional and aesthetic
standpoint.
• Collaborate with other team members in addressing usability concerns
and provide creative options for how to address them.

Who Should Apply

Graphic Designers traditionally possess some formal training in
graphic design plus several years of experience in a similar position.
We look for people who are interested in the communities we care
about, possess suitable creative skills, and are capable of
thoughtfully executing on a creative concept. The following items are
requirements for this position:

• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in graphic design, commercial art,
computer design, or fine arts; or equivalent professional experience
• One to three years graphic design experience.
• 2 years experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, or a suitable
open source replacement.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle
multiple projects with varying deadlines.

What Would Set You Apart

Trellon's team includes experts in web sites, CRM systems, social
networks mobile and widget development. People with demonstrated
experience designing for these areas will be strongly considered. In
general, there are some things we look at very favorably; please feel
free to direct our attention to examples of the following:

• A portfolio that includes Web 2.0 interfaces.
• The ability to create original illustrations to enhance design
concepts.
• Previous experience designing Drupal sites.

How to Apply

We are accepting resumes immediately and want to talk to you.

• Please direct all inquiries to jobs at trellon.com. Please include a
cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
• In your cover letter, please clearly outline relevant experience you
wish for us to consider.
• Also in your cover letter, please help us understand where you live.