[consulting] FCKEditor not showing in edit mode

liza chua lizachua28 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:58:29 UTC 2010

Hi! again Drupal Experts. I just hope that you could again spare time to
provide me any tips or solutions with this problem of mine.
I'm still learning Drupal.

Hi! My problem is somewhat related to     http://drupal.org/node/708952.
FCKeditor toolbar is not showing in edit mode. I've already tried all the
fixes stated in the TROUBLESHOOTING.txt and scoured all forums I could find
but none seems to work. I maybe missing something but when I changed my
theme to Garland, FCKEditor works perfectly as before. But the strange thing
is that FECKeditor used to work before in our custom theme. I'm suspecting
that this is related to the changes I made in page.tpl.php. Here's the
scenario.

I added a new region that will work as a "carousel" which uses the jquery
and js. I've added this jquery-1.4.1.min.js along with two other javascripts
and defined a new region in theme.info and added the js files to its
intended folders.  I tried to disabled these new addition but the problem is
still the same. I don't know what I'm missing here. I've been trying to
solve this for days already so any help from you guys will be very much
appreciated.

By the way, I can see something like this when I view the source:
var oFCK_1 = new FCKeditor( 'oFCK_1' );
oFCK_1.BasePath    = '/modules/fckeditor/fckeditor/';

and a script that calls the /fckeditor/fckeditor.js