[consulting] How do you find Drupal graphics designers?

Matt Chapman matt at ninjitsuweb.com
Mon Nov 1 15:22:15 UTC 2010

Find people who have contributed themes that don't suck. Also, broaden
your search outside the Drupal community. From the design side, CMS is
CMS. Look at actual sites, not just portfolio screenshots. Hire
someone who has their own blog that they designed, so you know they
actually use a CMS regularly.

But practically, I face the same challenge. It seems tome that a lot
of designers still think it's 1995 in terms of user / administrator
experience, as if the site is only going to change a few timers a
year.

I recently had to answer a PM at a design agency with "If you want it
to look /exactly/ like the mock-up, then you can only use Lorem Ipsum
text..." He got it, but I'm not sure the designer ever did... The text
in question was from a social network feed that updated hourly.

All the Best,

Matt