[consulting] Why fixed rate "budgets" are a waste of time for everyone (was REVISED RFP FOR DRUPAL DEVELOPER)

John Saward john at also.com.au
Thu Nov 11 21:13:28 UTC 2010

Victor,

Can you elaborate? Why are fixed rate budgets a waste of time for everyone?

(I agree with you and I try to explain this also, and have yet to find an explanation-formulation I am happy with; especially from the client's point-of-view - they all want to know in advance how much their project will cost them, and that is a reasonable expectation, I guess)

Thanks

John